Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I am in charge of how I feel, and today I am choosing happiness.


A huge part of losing weight is mental.  I would say 99% of it even.  Even though I am striving to change my body in ways I can't even imagine right now at the beginning of another leg of my journey, I know that my attitude is a huge part of my future success.

As a fan of the TV show "The Biggest Loser," I see how much time Jillian Michaels spends on breaking down the walls that we put up around ourselves.  All the times we call ourselves weak and tell ourselves we can't do it, the mind is listening to the message we are sending and believes it.  We need to send ourselves positive messages, even if we do not fully believe them yet, just to start to try to change our way of thinking.

Happiness truly can be a choice.  It is in our reactions and what defines us to the core.  No matter how the rest of the day turns out, I am going to try to love myself and choose happiness.  It's all a part of the new me.

No comments:

Post a Comment