Saturday, December 14, 2013

Planet Fitness - new location

There is a new Planet Fitness opening up within a mile of where I live.  I am so excited!  I used to belong when I lived on Long Island.  The gym at my apartment complex is kind of sad.  For such a low fee, I figured I would just join up at Planet Fitness again.  Love that place!  It is only missing a pool.

This is what my 30 minute workout area will look like.  Planning on doing this twice a week.


Right now, just as I am getting back into the swing of things, this is my planned workout schedule:

(1) 45 minutes on the elliptical - easy to moderate - Mon/Weds/Fri
(2) 30 minute workout - easy to moderate - Tues/Thurs
(3) 25 minute walk at lunch - easy to moderate - Mon/Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri

If I miss a workout I will add it onto the weekend if at all possible.  I always find it hard to workout on the weekends because they are even busier than the week because we travel to visit our family a lot of the time or just have errands to do.  If I can add on an extra cardio day on the weekend I think that would be a good plan :)

I am hoping that this schedule works out.  So far this week I only did 2 cardio sessions at the gym.  I want to add in some weight lifting to the mix because I know it really helps your metabolism and of course makes you look more toned and less loose skin.  You also can't do 2 strength training exercises 2 days in a row because your muscles need down time to rest and regenerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment